Just Kick It Cup - Outdoor 2022
Lakewood “Just Kick It” Cup Outdoor Youth soccer tournament will return May 13-15, 2022
Tournament Schedules are HERE.
Please select "Full Schedule" and then you can either select your division or your team to get the schedule details.
U9's play 5v5 games
U11's play 7v7 games
U13's play 9v9 games
U15's play 11v11 games
U19's play 11v11 games
Note: U15 and U19 will have 3 referees for all games.
U9 games will be played on the soccer centre outdoor west turf field. This field is located south of the soccer centre building.
The Saskatoon Soccer Centre address is 150 Nelson Road.
Groupings and Group Rankings
Teams will be divided into Pools of 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 teams.
Each team will play 1 game against each team within its pool or crossover with another pool.
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of three 3 games.
Each team will receive 3 points for a win and 1 point for a tie.
If 2 or more teams have an equal number of points then the following rules, in the following order, shall be used to determine final standings:
Previous match results - Goal Difference - total goals scored less allowed in round robin games. (5 goal max) - Least Goals Against - The team with the least goals against awarded the higher position - Kicks from the Penalty Mark - If 2 or more teams are still tied after the above then a team will be decided kicks from the penalty mark as per FIFA Laws of the Game.
Overtime Periods and Playoff Procedures
There will be no “overtime” in round robin or group played games.
Playoffs games will play 2 - 5 minute halves if the game ends in a tie, followed by penalty kicks if still tied. There will be no golden goal.
Only players on the field at the end of the 2nd half of the overtime are eligible to take the penalty kicks.
Except as otherwise provided, the tournament rules shall be the latest FIFA Laws of the Game.
Home Team must have an alternate jersey and be prepared to change if, in the opinion of the referee, there is a colour conflict.
Please leave the field, team benches and locker rooms promptly and clean, after every game.
A team without the required minimum players (U11 - 5, U13 - 7, U15 and U19 - 8) at 10 minutes past the scheduled game time will default.
Important Game Play Information
Size of Pitch
- U11 will play games on a pitch size that is a little larger than ¼ size of the regular pitch outdoors or on a ¼ pitch indoors.
- U13 will play games on a pitch size that is a little larger than ½ size full pitch outdoors or on a half field indoors.
- U15, U19 will play games on regular size pitch (outdoor turf).
Length of Games
- All teams must be ready to start play at their scheduled time. Any delay will reduce the total game playing time. Any team without the required minimum players on the pitch at 10 minutes past the scheduled game time will default.
- U11 games will be 50 minutes in length (2 equal halves of 25 minutes or less)
- U13, U15, U19 games will be 60 minutes in length (2 equal halves of 30 minutes)
Players and Reserves
- All players must meet the age requirements and be registered (unless approved).
- Each player is only allowed to play for only one team during the Just Kick It Cup.
- All U11 games shall be 7v7 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All U13 games shall be 9v9 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- U15 and U19 games shall be 11v11 (this includes the goalkeeper).
- All players must be registered with SSA or equivalent Provincial Association.
- Playing unregistered players will result in game defaults and notification to your Association.
- All Teams should be prepared to provide Proof of Age and Eligibility upon request.
- Substitutions are on the fly (limit 2 players at a time at the half way line).
- U11: NO Offside rules.
- U13: Will use Third lines for offsides.
- U15 and U19: As governed by the Laws of the Game, approved by FIFA.
- U11 will use approved Size 4 outdoor soccer balls for games.
- U13 to U19 will use approved Size 5 outdoor soccer balls for games.
U9 Mini Program Development Rules
- U9 will play festival format, many games, smaller game lengths.
- U9 will play 5v5 and use approved Size 4 outdoor soccer balls for games.
- U9 will play 30 minute games (2 x 15 minute halves and 5 minutes halftime).
- U9 will lay on a marked field (slightly smaller than a ¼ pitch).
- U9 may play games back to back.
- Final allotted games will be determined based on finding the right fit for all teams.
U11 No playoffs
- U11 will also play a modified festival format.
- There will be no Finals, Semi-Finals or playoffs.
- Final allotted time slots will be determined to have all teams participate in shorter multi-game format.